After four years of blogging, creating, speaking, and informal coaching on job search strategy, we kicked off a bit of a project. It was prompted by many visitors to the site who said: “Love the site, but where’s the strategy?” The truth is that the strategy is alive throughout the site. But we never took the time to bring it all together into one place.
So for the last year, we’ve been working many late hours (me and my neighbor and great friend Matt) to create that strategy in a form that all of you could use on your own. This software tool is the result of that work. And we hope it helps you in a big way.
So. What is it?
The tool is a structured, step-by-step process to establish a job search strategy. As one user said, “It’s like tax software for your job search”. A complex and often misunderstood process is broken down into smaller, “easier to chew” pieces. And there is significant help (including video) at every step. Specifically, the tool delivers the following:
- Identification of clear and specific job search objectives (plus help with target companies)
- A personal branding strategy and profile
- A complete set of personal marketing materials (resume, cover letter, bio, business card, elevator pitch, references)
- A targeted and customized networking strategy
- A purposeful strategy for interview preparation